COVID - 19 UPDATE
Following a sharp increase in coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in Conwy County Borough area, The Welsh Government have introduced new restrictions to reduce the spread of the virus and protect public health for people living in the area.
The restrictions come into force at 6pm on 1 October 2020 and will be kept under review.
The main restrictions are:
· people will not be allowed to enter or leave the Conwy County Borough area without a reasonable excuse
· people will no longer be able to form, or be in, an extended household (sometimes called a “bubble”)
· this means meeting indoors with anyone who is not part of your household (people you live with) is not allowed at the moment, unless you have a good reason, such as providing care to a vulnerable person
· all licensed premises must stop serving alcohol at 10pm
It has been confirmed to us by Wales Golf that people cannot travel into or out of a restricted area for sport, as this is not a ‘reasonable excuse’. Travel within a local lockdown area to a golf club is permissible providing you are a resident of that area.
Unfortunately, this will mean that many of our members and visitors who live outside Conwy County will not be able to travel to the Club.
I need to re-enforce some safety measures that we have in place at the club.
1. All golfers MUST enter their names on the BRS tee booking system before play.
2. If you cannot make your tee time you MUST cancel your booking immediately to allow other golfers to book.
3. All golfers MUST start their game from the 1st tee only.
4. Face coverings must be worn indoors other than when seated in the lounge or restaurant.
The full welsh Government update can be found by clicking the following link.
As always, thank you in advance for your co-operation and support at this most difficult time.
If you are not sure about any of the restrictions that are in place or feel the need to discuss anything in more detail, please call me at the club.