Conwy (Caernarvonshire) Golf Club is the third oldest club in Wales, but probably the first place where golf was played on Welsh soil.
The course is located on the North Wales coast near the holiday resort town of Conwy. It lies at the mouth of the River Conwy, overlooked on its south side by Conwy Mountain: overlooks Llandudno’s Great Orme on its north side and has the Isle of Anglesey visible to the west.
The Club has a rich and varied history - from its official formation on the 30th June, 1890 to its present day status as a championship links golf course. The changes and challenges it has faced in this period are outlined in our history section.
In 1893 the Victorian artist Douglas Adams visited the club, and the result was his three famous paintings “The Drive”, “The Difficult Bunker” and “The Putting Green”. Over the years many national and international golf clubs have sought a more traditional golf club atmosphere, and it is prints of the above that adorn their walls. Since no location is given for the paintings, few realise that they are of Conwy Golf Club. Our Douglas Adams section clearly demonstrates the background in three paintings with the locations on the course as it is today.
The Club is committed to supporting both local and national charities. Our section about Conwy Golf Club in the community outlines the various charities supported by the club in general, and by the Captains in particular.